Masterclasses Haliaeti 2014
Terms, conditions and useful information
- The tuition fee is to be transferred to the following bank account: Beneficiary: KUD Ars Haliaeti Address: Pobočna ul. 5, 6310 Izola, Slovenia
Iban: SI56 10100 0049 318578
- Application deadline: May 26, 2014
- The courses begin on Monday, July 7th, 2014. An introductory meeting will take place on that day at 9am in the Koper Music School lobby (Gallusova 2, 6000 Koper).
- In order to comfortably arrive to Slovenia, we suggest you arrive the Sunday before classes begin (July 6th).
- Participants’ concerts will take place on July 14th and possibly July 13th, depending on the number of musicians. Plan your departure for the 15th. We will have a banquet after the last concert, where we will also award the diplomas to all participants.
- Each participant will receive at least 4 lessons (soloists and ensembles). The chamber music option entitles you to additional 3 lessons with the assigned chamber music group. Participants who choose the chamber music option will be notified whether they have been selected as an ensemble member by June 9th, 2014.
- Individual professors may not be present for the entire duration of the course.
- Each studio (piano studios excluded) will be assigned an accompanist. Please bring piano parts should you need accompaniment.
- Chamber music option: In the rare case we will not be able to form a chamber music group, the 150€ chamber music fee will be reimbursed.
- Tuition fees are not refundable.
- Concerts will be recorded and selected ones broadcasted, either by us or the National Television (RTV). The recordings will be used for promotional purposes only and will remain property of the Cultural Arts Society Ars Haliaeti. Participants will waive all rights in regards to the obtained recordings.
- Accommodation: The Cultural Arts Society Ars Haliaeti has agreements with the Koper Student Residencies and the Koper Elementary School (restaurant) in order to offer our participants affordable deals. We will forward the requests to the respective departments and supervise the process. Make sure to indicate your choice on the application form.
- The Koper Music School generously lets us use their premises. Everyone should know we are their guests and should therefore treat all amenities, especially instruments with care, as if they were our own. Here are some simple rules that should be observed:
- Practice times should be respected: daily from 9am till 9pm
- Food, drinks, bags, instrument cases and anything apart from scores should not be left on pianos, that’s what desks are for
- Items like computers and books are property of either the Koper Music School or the professors teaching there and should therefore not be touched
- Never leave your personal belongings unattended, we can’t take responsability for items left in practice rooms
- Turn off lights and fans once you leave the practice rooms
- Normally there is no need to reserve rooms as we make sure there are plenty available at all times. In case of numerous participants, we will create a schedule so everyone can get their needed time.
- Should you have any problems or questions, contact the Artistic director (Rok) or any member of our Staff